Woman dies after doctors accidentally ’embalmed’ her alive - Drimz Media Blog

Post Top Ad

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Woman dies after doctors accidentally ’embalmed’ her alive

A woman has died after being 'mummified' alive 

A woman died after being ’embalmed alive’ due to a medical blunder in a Russian hospital, her mother claims.

Ekaterina Fedyaeva’s mother accused medics of putting her daughter on a formalin drip, which includes formaldehyde, instead of saline.

Formaldehyde is used for embalming dead bodies.

The 27-year-old had been in hospital in Ulyanovsk for routine surgery, but after being given the wrong drip, she suffered pains and convulsions for two days before falling into a coma.

Despite being flown to a top Moscow hospital, she died of multiple organ failure.

Her mother, Galina Baryshnikova, said: “Her legs were moving, she had convulsions, her whole body was shaking.
 

“I put socks on her, then a robe, then a blanket, but she was shivering to such an extent, I can’t even describe it.

“No doctor came to see her, although she was coming round from anaesthetic.”

The drip contained formaldehyde, which is meant for corpses for embalming.

Mrs. Baryshnikova added: “Now, I understand that formalin was simply eroding her body from inside.

“People who performed the surgery already knew that they infused something wrong. They needed to take some urgent measures – but they did nothing.”
Ekaterina was buried on April 7 and a criminal investigation has been opened into her death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad